Saturday, April 24, 2010

Glucosamine

Our body is able to produce Glucosamine which is needed to make and repair joint cartilage.  However, the production of glucosamine slows down when we age.  A lot of my friends and my wife have already started taking it as a nutritional supplement.

Since taking up distance running for the past 2 years, William & KP Tan (my running mates) have encouraged me to take glucosamine as our chances of damaging our joints are higher.  I didn't heal their advice as I thought it to be unnecessary.  Recently, I feel some pains near both of my knees whenever I run more than 5 km, so I started taking 3 tablets of Glucosamine a day with effect from today.  It costs about $30 for a box of 30 tablets which means that I have to invest $3 a day for healthier joints.

No comments:

Post a Comment