Friday, June 11, 2010

FIFA World Cup 2010 (South Africa)

The world's biggest football show finally commences today. I am not a football fan but started watching it since 1986 when Maradona almost single-handledly won the World Cup for Argentina.

For the past 20 over years, I always hope either Brazil or England to win. I like Brazil because they are the only team that plays attractive football consistently. I like England because I am familar with most of the players and each year they have someone that I like in the team such as Gary lineker, Paul Gasoline, Michael Owen, etc. However, I am not in favour of both teams this year. Under coach Dunga, Brazil has become more conversative and their style of playing is more of a defensive now. Yes, they have Kaka & Robinho but I have never considered them in the same class of Ronaldo or Romario. The biggest joke was that Dunga left out Ronaldinho, someone who could turn a match in their favour. I am not impressed by England Team too, beside Rooney, Frank Lampard, & Steven Gerard, the rest are just mediocre players.

So which team do you think should win? My guess is:

1st - Argentina (because of Messi, I like him too)
2nd - Holland (they play attacking football)
3rd - Spain
4th - Brazil

How about you?

4 comments:

  1. With the World Cup moving into the knock out stage last night, I am glad that my 4 favourite teams above did very well especially Argentina and Holland where they won all their 3 games in the first round. Hope they would progress into the quarter final.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All matches of the 16 knockout stage completed this morning. No major upset in this round and the teams that will compete in the quarter finals are:

    Uruguay vs Ghana (2 July)
    Brazil vs Holland (2 July)
    Argentina vs Germany (3 July)
    Spain vs Paraguay (3 July)

    My prediction so far is still very good although one of my 4 favourite teams will definitely not be in the Semi-final.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brazil out!
    Argentina out!

    Look like my picks are not very good. Hope that Holland & Spain would be in the final.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The final results:

    Champion - Spain
    2nd - Holland
    3rd - Germany
    4th - Uraguay

    A boring final and, overall, a forgetable world cup!

    ReplyDelete