Thursday, November 25, 2010

Not feeling Well ...

I hardly fall sick and the last time when I did was probably more than a year ago.  I had a minor sore throat 2 days ago.  I didn't think it was serious enough to see a doctor, so I took only panadol, Strepsils and drank more water than normal.  However, it doesn't seem to work and I went to see a doctor this morning.

I told the doctor my condition, he checked my temperature, my throat & place a stethoscope on my back to examine my body.  Afterwhich, he advised me to drink lots of water.  I asked him whether I had fever and he replied yes without elaborating further and told me I can go now.  The consultation lasted in less than 5 minutes.  Personally, I would expect him to briefly explain the condition of my sickness even though it may not be serious.

Although it is only a minor sickness, I was given 4 medicines as follows:
  • Zecuf Cough Lozenges - for sore throat
  • Anarex Tablet - for muscle pain
  • Dhasedyl Cough Mixture - for cough
  • Serrazyme Table - for swelling or inflammation of the throat

With a consultation fee of $20, the total cost was $46.20.  Quite expensive for a minor illness, in my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment