Wednesday, February 10, 2010

How I deal with small unhappiness?

When I bought my very first car (Mitshubishi Lancer) on 6 Jun 2001, I washed it once a week consistently at least for the next 2 to 3 years. But when I bought my 2nd car (Toyata Altis) in Apr last year, I don't wash it so often any more sometimes longer than 3 months. Am I lazier now? Certainly yes! Anyway, my car had not been washed for more than 2 months now, and with CNY approaching, I decided to wash it today.

While washing, I noticed that there are a few scratches, one of which is quite deep, at the rear bumper. As it is still considered a new car, I felt 心痛。It was quite obvious that it was purposely done by a mischievious idiot. I cursed that person for his or her misdeed!

On the road, I may get angry when someone drive rectlessly and I hate those who tailgate me. I would usually scold that person inside the car "you stupid idiot dumb-dumb!" and I felt better.

I was unhappy with the priest who made insensitive comments on Buddhism and Taoism recently. He got the punishment that he deserved and I am not angry with him now. Let's move on.

This is my simple way of dealing with small unhappiness. You may think that this is stupid or naive but it works for me. I am not unhappy with the person who scatched my car now ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment