Thursday, February 18, 2010

Met my Army Encik today

Encik Tan Tiong Tee was my superior when I was in 7th Singapore Infantry Brigade from 1988 to 1990. He is someone that we (Victor, Cheah & I) love to hate. He is "guei lan" most of the time but, occasionally, he can be nice to us too. He retired at the age of 50 in 1990 and I have not seen him for about 20 years. Sometime when I had a gathering with Victor and Cheah, we would talk about him and we wonder whether he is still alive. So, it was a pleasant surprise to meet him at Hougang food court today. He aged only a little and I have no problem recognising him. We had a simple chat and I am glad that he is healthy (should be 70 by now) and enjoying his retirement life. I got his contact number but it is unlikely that I would call him to meet up ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment