Tuesday, January 19, 2010

I don't want junk mails from Singpost!

Nowadays, most HDB flats have anti-junk locking devices on our letternboxes to prevent junk mails from seeping through. However, SingPost offers a service to help advertisers to deliver their fliers through a bulk mail system called Admail for a fee. This defeats the whole purpose of HDB installing these devices as we still receive the same amount of junk mails, if not more, every day. For my case, I receive easily 5 junk mails a day. As I see it, the reason for installing this device is to generate more revenue for SingPost, nothing else.

I read from the Straits Times recently that this Admail service is an auto opt-in subscription. To opt-out, you can call SingaPost's Hotline 68456210. I just called about half an hour ago to be taken off this Admail service. A customer service officer, Mr Kumar, told me that it would take about 2 to 3 days to take effect. Let's see whether will I still receive junk mails.

If you are sick of junk mails like me, call now. You could save many trees too :D However, do take note that opting out will also result in you not receiving Idea catalogue and other fast food promotion vouchers, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment