Monday, January 18, 2010

Who says my nephew is short!

Two weeks ago, my brother-in-law joked with my nephew that at 1.3+ metre tall in Primary 5, he is short. I told my nephew not to worry as Ah Gu was only 1.32m when I was in Sec 1. At almost 1.7m (nearest 1 dec. pt) tall, I am not very short now ;-) Based on my height records (extracted from TWSS record book) below, he should have no problem reaching more than 1.7m tall.

Sec 1 - 1.32m (23 kg)
Sec 2 - 1.40m (29 kg)
Sec 3 - 1.50m (35 kg)
Sec 4 - 1.61m (43 kg)

For those who are taller during their primary school or early secondary school days, do not be too "hao lian". My best friends, Thiam Hock was probably 1.34m tall while Hun Liang was already about 1.6m tall in Sec 1. I remembered Hun Liang didn't grew much for the next 3 years. We caught up with him in Sec 4. At 1.63m, Thiam Hock was as tall as Hun Liang, while I was just slightly shorter than him! I am quite certain that I am taller than Hun Liang now :D

No comments:

Post a Comment