Sunday, January 17, 2010

My Best Friends in Secondary 1 & 2

Thiam Hock & Hun Liang were my best friends in Secondary 1 & 2 at Teck Whye Secondary School (TWSS). During that 2 years in 1979 & 1980, I remembered we always sticked together like bees i.e. we played together, ate together, copied homeworks together, pee together, etc. We never quarelled and I enjoyed every seconds with them. Hun Liang didn't make it to Sec 3, Thiam Hock was posted to Technical stream while I was in Science stream. After 'O' level, we went separate ways and we lost contact thereafter.

Last month I came to know about the TWSS group in facebook. I posted my sec 4 class photo and mentioned about my best friends, Thiam Hock & Hun Liang.


A few days later, someone replied that he is the elder brother of Thiam Hock. I managed to get Thiam Hock's email address and wrote to him. He replied and we arranged to meet up. I met up with him today and we had a very good 3 hrs chit chat. I have not seen him for about 30 years and seriously he didn't change much! He is still 2 mm taller than me, slightly heavily than me, still has the playful look in him. I told him that if I had met him outside, I would have no problem recognising him. He said I didn't change much too. Bull shit! I told him I am much better looking now ;-) Anyway, we talked about the good old times, our life after 'O' level, our work, our army days, our families, etc. We parted and said we shall meet again hopefully not another 30 years! My next wish is to find Hun Liang.

No comments:

Post a Comment