Monday, January 25, 2010

My wife started running again!

I was surprised when my wife wanted to join me for jogging today. She has not been jogging for a long time. Her running shoe is already quite "hard" to put on having left in the shoe cabinet untouched for about 5 to 6 years. Jogging is one of the most healthier ways to slim down and I know very well this is her main motivation. She is not heavy actually weighing about 46 to 48 kg, I think. But, as you know, women always think that there are a little fats that need to be burned away. Regardless of her intention, I am glad that she has started running again. She jogged for 1.2km in about 10 mins and walked another 2.4km. Not a bad start. I told her to increase the distance to 2.4km next week and at least once a week from now on. I am quite certain that she would continue this running habit until she got her ideal weight of about 43 kg ;-)

2 comments:

  1. My wife & I went jogging again this evening. She completed 2.4km in 19 mins and walked for another 2.4km. That was a big improvement compared to 2 days ago. She told me that at 1.8km, she was already very tired and wanted to give up. But she pushed herself a little and managed to meet her target. That is the right attitude and I am quite certain that she could improve further.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My wife completed a 4.8km run yesterday in about 38 mins, the longest distance that she had ever run. Certainly a good achievement considering that she could run only during the weekends. I think she has good endurance and she should be able to do a much longer distance if she runs consistently.

    ReplyDelete